If you are based in Miami and recently discovered a nonconformity in a vehicle you purchased less than 24 months ago, you may have legal recourse under the Florida Lemon Law.
This means that the manufacturer/dealer is required to pay for repairs and if that fails after a reasonable number of attempts, to repurchase or replace the vehicle.
About Miami, Florida
The city of Miami is located in southeastern Florida. Boasting the third highest skyline in the country, Miami is also the 7th largest metropolis nationwide. Besides being a major arts and cultural hub, Miami is home to numerous finance and commerce companies involved in international trade. The city is so popular with international visitors that it ranks only second after New York City for foreign tourism.
Understanding Florida Lemon Law
This law is also known as the Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act. Claimants need to meet the following criteria to be eligible for protections:
- Your vehicle is for personal use
- The nonconformity is reported within 24 months of purchase
- The nonconformity is not caused by accident, neglect, moderation or alteration on your part
Understanding Florida Lemon Law
Once you discover a nonconformity that could have an impact safety or operations, contact your manufacturer/dealer immediately. Below are their obligations under the Lemon Law:
- Pay for the nonconformity to be fixed. If this proves to be unsuccessful after 3 attempts or if your vehicle has spent more than 30 days in the facility (60 for recreational vehicles), they are then obliged to repurchase or replace it.
- For a repurchase, you should be paid the cash price of the vehicle while a replacement should be of identical or comparable value. In both options, the manufacturer/dealer is liable for sales taxes and any charges incurred as a result of the nonconformity, such as rental fees for an alternative vehicle while yours was undergoing repairs.
Areas of Expertise in Lemon Law
Below is a list of Lemon Law services we offer:
- New Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami, Florida
- Used Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami, Florida
- Salvaged Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami, Florida
- Totaled Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami, Florida
- RV Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami, Florida
Why Hire Lemon Law Attorneys in Cutler Bay, Florida?
Are you unsure if your vehicle qualifies for protection under the Lemon Law? Have you been in touch with your manufacturer/dealer after discovering a nonconformity, but they were uncooperative? If so, your best bet would be to seek legal assistance from an attorney licensed in Miami, Florida. Regulations under the Lemon Law can vary by state, and an experienced attorney who is well-versed in the latest laws can best advise you on the next steps to take.
Why Should You Work with Bad Vehicle?
At Bad Vehicle, we are not afraid to take on prominent car dealerships and vehicle manufacturers if they have failed to uphold their obligations under the Lemon Law. When you engage our services, you can be assured we will fight relentlessly for a just settlement on your behalf. Moreover, you are not liable for any legal fees if your case is successful as the manufacturer/dealer is required to cover these costs under the Magnus-Moss Warranty Act.
If you have any questions about our Lemon Law services in Miami, Florida, feel free to contact us today.