Are you based in Fort Lauderdale and recently discovered a manufacturing defect in a vehicle you purchased less than 24 months ago? If so, you could have legal recourse under the Florida Lemon Law.
The manufacturer/dealer is required to pay for repairs and if that fails after a reasonable number of attempts, to repurchase or replace the vehicle.
About Fort Lauderdale, Florida
25 miles north of Miami, Fort Lauderdale is a city in the Florida metropolitan area with a population of approximately 182,450. Known as the yachting capital of the world, Fort Lauderdale boasts 3,000 hours of sunshine per year, making it a popular tourist destination. With over 36,000 hotel rooms, the city hosted 18 million overnight visitors in 2018!
Understanding Florida Lemon Law
The Florida Lemon Law is also known as the Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act. To be protected under it, you and your vehicle need to meet the following requirements:
- Your vehicle is for personal use
- The nonconformity is reported within 24 months of purchase.
- The nonconformity is not caused by accident, neglect, moderation, or alteration on your part.
Understanding Florida Lemon Law
When you discover a nonconformity that could impact safety or operations, let your manufacturer/dealer know immediately. They are obliged to do the following under the Lemon Law:
- Pay for the nonconformity to be fixed. If this is unsuccessful after 3 attempts or if your vehicle has spent more than 30 days in the facility (60 for recreational vehicles), they are obliged to repurchase or replace it for you.
- A repurchase would involve paying you the cash price of the vehicle while a replacement should be of identical or comparable value. In both cases, the manufacturer/dealer is liable for sales taxes and any charges incurred as a result of the nonconformity, such as towing and rental fees.
Areas of Expertise in Lemon Law
Below is a list of Lemon Law services we offer:
- New Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Used Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Salvaged Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Totaled Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- RV Lemon Law Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Why Hire Lemon Law Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?
Have you discovered a nonconformity on a vehicle you purchased less than 24 months ago? Are you unsure if you qualify for protection under the Lemon Law? If so, get in touch with an attorney licensed in Fort Lauderdale, Florida immediately. Regulations under the Lemon Law can vary by state, and a knowledgeable attorney will be able to evaluate your case and recommend the wisest course of action.
Why Should You Work with Bad Vehicle?
At Bad Vehicle, we are committed to pursuing a just settlement for our clients. If your manufacturer or dealer has not fulfilled their legal obligations under the Lemon Law, they deserve to be held accountable and we will not hesitate to take them on in court. The best part is, you are not liable for any legal fees if your case is successful as the manufacturer/dealer is required to cover these costs under the Magnus-Moss Warranty Act.
If you have any questions about our Lemon Law services in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, feel free to contact us today.