Have you purchased a vehicle for personal use less than 24 months ago and discovered a defect that could impact safety or operations? If so, you are protected under the Florida Lemon Law.
The manufacturer/dealer is legally obliged to pay for repairs and if that fails under a reasonable number of attempts, to repurchase or replace the vehicle.
About Miami Beach, Florida
A resort city on coastal Florida, Miami Beach was incorporated in 1915 and is located on both natural and manmade islands. It is separated from mainland Miami by the Biscayne Bay. As part of the commercial center of South Florida alongside downtown Miami and the Port of Miami, Miami Beach has been a popular tourist destination since the early 20th century.
Understanding Florida Lemon Law
Also known as the Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act, you and your vehicle need to meet the following conditions to be protected:
- Your vehicle is for personal use.
- The nonconformity is reported within 24 months of purchase.
- The nonconformity is not caused by accident, neglect, moderation, or alteration on your part.
Understanding Florida Lemon Law
Upon discovering the nonconformity, get in touch with your manufacturer/dealer immediately. Under the Lemon Law, they have the below obligations:
- Paying for the nonconformity to be repaired. If, after 3 attempts have been made to repair it to no success, or the vehicle has spent more than 30 days at the facility (60 for recreational vehicles), the manufacturer/dealer is obliged to repurchase or replace the vehicle for you.
- If the manufacturer/dealer decides to repurchase it from you, they have to pay you the cash price of the vehicle, while a replacement must be of identical or comparable value. In both cases, they are responsible for paying sales taxes and any charges incurred as a result of the nonconformity, such as towing and rental fees.
Areas of Expertise in Lemon Law
Below is a list of Lemon Law services we offer:
- New Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami Beach, Florida
- Used Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami Beach, Florida
- Salvaged Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami Beach, Florida
- Totaled Car Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami Beach, Florida
- RV Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami Beach, Florida
Why Hire Lemon Law Attorneys in Miami Beach, Florida?
Are you unsure if your vehicle qualifies for protection under the Lemon Law? Or have you gotten in touch with your manufacturer/dealer after discovering a nonconformity, only to have them unwilling to meet their legal obligations? If so, the wisest course of action would be to consult an attorney licensed in Miami Beach, Florida. As regulations under the Lemon Law can vary by region, an experienced attorney in your state will be able to best advise you on whether you have a case and the next steps to take.
Why Should You Work with Bad Vehicle?
At Bad Vehicle, we are not afraid to go after prominent car dealerships and vehicle manufacturers if they have not fulfilled their legal obligations under the Lemon Law. When you engage our services, you can be assured that we will advocate tirelessly for an adequate settlement. In addition, you are not liable for any legal fees if your case is successful as the manufacturer/dealer is required to cover these costs under the Magnus-Moss Warranty Act.
If you have any questions about our Lemon Law services in Miami Beach, Florida, feel free to contact us today.